Written By: Obembe Sunday D, RN
Am very sure you have heard this words before. Its easy to say. But, easy to do? I doubt it.
Burning all bridges is when one is going somewhere and he internationally set ablaze all the bridges that leads to that place he is going with no intention of coming back to where he left. Are you following? Oh, good!
Burning the bridges is likened to some things we want to do and achieve. Be it spiritual, financial, emotional etc.
Some things will happen when he finally got to his destination. One, he would wish he could go back home. Just wishing. Two, since he could not, he’d tag it as his fate. Would anyone think it is really his fate?
Do you desire something so much that you can burn all bridges for it? Oh, may be you’ve already burnt it. If you’ve burnt it, whatever your desire is, have it at the back of your mind that, “its either you win or you perish.”
Just as the General said when he burnt the one and only boat that brought them to the battle field in a foreign land. Although they were outnumbered but they won. You know why? Because their desire to win burns. They knew before the battle started that its either they won or they perished. Who would like to perish? No one.
But from my observation, there are some things, one or two, that you should do before you burn all bridges.
1. Do your desire burns? If it doesn’t, make it burns. You can’t go far with just ordinary desire.
2. Do you love what you want to do? Everything begins with love. If you don’t love it, you won’t do well at it. First, fall in love.
3. Believe you can achieve your desires.
4. Surround yourself with people that share the same spirit as you. People that believed it can be done.
5. Be prepared to face whatever may come your way.
6. The most important, be in one spirit with God.
Don’t just burn the bridges if you are not ready.
What else can you do before burning the bridges?
Feel free to share your thoughts with me. And please, share with loved ones.